Here in Glenelg we have so much to offer and there is plenty to keep the whole family amused such as; fishing charters, sailing, beach volleyball and activities, walking trails, bike hire, the famous Dolphin swim or watch or even a twilight cruise, reserves, play grounds, BBQ areas, lots of history and an amusement centre. Once you come here you won't want to leave, so book your ticket and come and see what Glenelg has to offer. Put your feet up and have a meal or a coffee on the Marina Pier after you've had a look at Jetty Road!
Glenelg Visitor Information Centre
- Glenelg has a population of approx 35,000 people living here
- We have 6 churches in the town
- There are 3 schools in the area and another 6, 10-15 minutes outside of this
- We have 3 medical centres and 2, 15 minutes away with 2 main hospitals close
- There are 2 supermarkets in the Glenelg area
- Tram, bus and taxi services that run frequently
- 2 main shopping precincts 5 & 15 minutes away
- In summer our beaches are patrolled by the Glenelg Surf Life Savers (swim
between the flags)
- Are you interested in statistics, population, land area ... City of Holdfast Bay council has all this information on one page: http://profile.id.com.au/holdfast-bay/home
- Emergency Police, Fire, Ambulance 000
- Glenelg Police (08) 8295 2136
- Poisons Hotline 131 126
- Dental Emergency (08) 8272 8111
- Coast Guard (08) 8248 6100
- Fruit Fly Hotline 1300 666 010
- RAA Emergency Road Side Assistance 131 111
- Holdfast Bay Council (08) 8229 9999
- Taxi 132 211
- Glenelg Surf Life Saving Club (08) 8295 6165
- Adelaide Sailing Club (08) 8294 3232
- SPRING. September - November.
- The average maximum temperature is 19-25°C with the minimum 12°C. Average monthly rainfall is 45mm.
- SUMMER. December - February.
- The average maximum temperature is 29°C with the minimum 22°C. Average monthly rainfall is 20mm.
- AUTUMN. March - May.
- The average maximum temperature is 19-26°C. Average monthly rainfall is 42mm.
- WINTER. June - August.
- The average maximum temperature is 8-16°C. Average monthly rainfall is 74mm.